Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Corner View--Evening Sky




We had just seen the AKB48, documentary, and walked outside from the movie theater to the darkening sky. I took these pictures influenced by the movie-- I liked the way the scenes were shot from dramatic angles, with soft focus portraits of the pop-singer-members of the group in cameo shots in front of Tokyo Tower, Sakurajima, and other backgrounds both famous and back roads. Here's my favorite model, Y, in the plaza of a not-so famous shopping-mall-built-on-what-was-once-a-rice-field where we saw the movie.

Happy Evenings all around the world, starting with gorgeous skies at CV host Theresa's and dreamy sunsets at Wanderchow's.

ai♡ kawarazu
JGY

PS thank you for your comments. For those who asked about the AKB48 Documentary, this is link to a review I wrote for Japan Visitor, and it includes some links to their J-pop videos:
http://www.japanvisitor.com/index.php?cID=367&pID=2499

20 comments:

le blÖg d'Ötli said...

A really dramatic moment!

I found this : "... Red sky in morning, sailor's warning”

That's what the French poem means...

Have a nice day

le blÖg d'Ötli said...

You found it too ;)

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

mhm, that is an interesting little post. the images actually remind me of the circus, bath. on your next uk-visit, right?

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

joanne...
'you can call me AL' anytime.
tee hee...

jgy said...

Thanks Otli, I thought the French was something like that but hadn't realized it was that!

..we just crossed paths thru the evening sky...

Woolf♡yes, surely the suburban mall was influenced by some great European architecture, maybe Bath, thanks for mentioning, or reminds me the Baths of Caracalla (sp.)
or

http://colosseumromeitaly.blogspot.com/2010/07/more-about-colosseum.html

tanïa said...

love the combination of architecture and drama sky!

Susanna said...

what a sky!!!
all that grey...!

Bonnie said...

what a neat looking building !!

kari said...

I'm with Tania, love the capture of the sky with the building. I would never have guessed it to be a mall.

John M. Mora said...

These are splendid.....love them.

Francesca said...

She is a favorite model!

Janis said...

I never heard of this documentary, I will have to look it up! I like your sweet model too :^)

la ninja said...

coolio. those are great (even though your model's still wearing shorts!) love the film-inspired dramatic angles.

as for the shopping mall, it could pass well for a roman temple, should you had not told us ;)

Don said...

Very dramatic!

cate said...

i like the way the architecture makes a bowl of the sky... and Y IS a very good model!

Tzivia said...

That's a movie theater? Wow! Looks totally dreamy to me! (But then again everything does :) What was the documentary about?

Dorte said...

oh, I really like the colors of your evening :)

Leovi said...

Beautiful series of pictures with a stunning sky in different shades, and attractive prospect.Saludos

natsumi nishizumi said...

写真、奇麗にとれてますね!きっと、私日本に帰ると浦島たろう、状態です。。。アイドルの入れ替わりが早いから、きっとついていけないです。。。。ははは。。
ジョアンのポストカード、写真とって、ブログに載せてみました。I hope you don't mind....

likeschocolate said...

Beautiful evening sky!

Blog Archive