Thursday, March 17, 2011


I just sang some songs with my guitar teacher. As we played, his wife joined in, and tears came to my eyes as I could feel things I hadn`t been able to feel about Japan, the tragic losses of life, the preciousness of life, the blessings that grow out of each moment, and


he said


`music wa subarashii`---


music is wonderful.



One song is called Saboten no Hana, by a group called Tulip.


And one translates as ` walk with your head held high` by Kyu Sakamoto.



I post the song below, Saboten no Hana (Flower on a Cactus would be my translation), a popular song some years ago by a group called Tulip, because when I heard it today and closed my eyes it reminds me of a beautiful and positive spirit of Japan.
If you want to, just close your eyes and listen...
em>


With thoughts of calm and healing energy to Fukushima Ken and the NorthEast, with wishes for their return to homes and to recovery...with wishes of peace and love and light...


Thanks for all your heartfelt communications over this past week.

PHoto above, testing, taken at the INternet Cafe!


ai ♡kawarazu


JGY




7 comments:

Francesca said...

Thinking of Japan!

ibb said...

Now at work, will listen at home...my heart is with you...is ok to know about you...a bit of calm in the middle of news coming from Japan.

flowtops said...

Glad to hear from you. I love Kyo Sakamoto - you're referring to the Sukiyaki Song, aren't you?

Music is good for calming down. I tend to listen to music on my headphone whilst working on translations. Helps to get me through the day!

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

my words are unworthy, but thoughts are with you, and with japan. n♥

John M. Mora said...

The situation - past and present - isso sad and scary - all my best - I also was moved by the post below of your husband at sea....take care

yes.music.al.ways

le blÖg d'Ötli said...

Thinking of you, of Japanese people, of Japan... of human being, of Nature... Every minute.

jgy said...

Thanks all,
and Yes, flowtops, its the Sukiyaki Song!
My thoughts go with all of yours to the NorthEast... xoxo

Blog Archive