Saturday, March 12, 2011

OK from South Japan

Greetings from the Internet Cafe II and thank you for your concern about us after hearing the Japan news.
We live in the south of Japan, in Kyushuu and are far from the area of the main earthquake and tsunami. We are ok.
My husband works on a boat as some may know, which travels up and down the Japan coast, and thankfully he called from his location right away that he was out of the area of danger, and was fine. I think he is very brave though to be on a boat in the Japan sea, and he calls my daughter and I to reassure us that he is fine and that we shouldn`t worry. He has always been a very calm and peaceful presence for me and I realize it most at times like these when he takes everything in great stride. Just now he called that his boat is out in the sea, and that its safer to be in the sea than near land when a tsunami is still possible to approach.
Japan too is pretty amazing the way she handles a situation like what is happening now. The news is presented in calm voices and without a sensationalist kind of coverage, but with a sense of the courage that people have and concern for those of course who are not fine. Our area has warnings to evacuate around the sea coast, but we don`t anticpate something too strong as the first quake.

I continue to peel and slicing and grating those wonderful roots from the earth, Lotus Roots, I mentioned in the last post---baking them into muffins and sauteeing as burgers....I even make some batches of my creations to put outside for the moon, who has been also a re-assuring presence in the days and nights as he shines onto my sixth floor balcony and shares the cookies with me. I wonder that we need to thank the earth more, she is only human after all and does so much all the time to keep us nourished and safe...
I hope you are all well, my thoughts and prayers are with yours, with those who are in the affected areas. I wish that the aftershocks will not make more damage.
I look forward to visiting your corners.

xoxoai(heartmark) kawarazu

JGY

16 comments:

Susanna said...

Mother Earth can do big things.....and evry time it is shokking to see what She can do....
I wish Japan a lot of luck and strength.

Susanne said...

My thoughts and good wishes are with you and the people in Japan!!! I hope everything is going to be alright!
Susanne

la ninja said...

great to read thinks are okay there.
all the best. it seems you have a very calm and wise partner. that is a serious gift in life :)

flowtops said...

Thanks for letting us know... Hope the aftershocks will subside soon. Do try and post about the Lotus Root bakings soon!

Lucille said...

I was very reassured to read your post. I have been following your blog since my son went to Japan last year. He will be studying Japanese at university. We are due to visit, near Kobe rather soon.

Janis said...

A gift to share with the moon... I imagine you as a balanced and calming presence thanking the elements for the good things.

So very relieved to hear that you and yours are safe too.

And... beautiful poem/words you left for me on my blog. xxoo

Francesca said...

so good to hear you're well!

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

of course it nice to hear you and your family are safe and sound. i am happy for you all. i like your today post very much. it is reassuring in a universal way. mother earth is mighty, she gives, she takes. easier said than captured, i realize, and my heart goes out to the unfortunate.
take care, but then, you are, i read. great man, that husbondo of yours!
n♥

ibb said...

It is so nice to hear you are ok. Just that, you are ok....I don´t need to know more.
Take care.

The Artful Eye said...

Glad to hear you are all safe and well. Calm is good.

dotblogg said...

I'm so glad you are allright!
it's really shocking to hear all those news and not being able to do more than thinking and believing that Japan will stay strong..
hugs
J.

Cobalt Violet said...

Glad you are OK! Blessings and light.

cate said...

thinking of you... and so glad to hear that you're doing well. what is the story with the nuclear plant leak though? america ALWAYS dramatizes things, so it is difficult to get the real story. ????

lotus root baking and cooking seems just the thing right now. hugs to you!

Don said...

Glad to hear you are well. Every day is a blessing.

Theresa said...

I am relieved and happy to hear that you are ok :)

Dorte said...

Good to hear that you and your family are ok ...

Blog Archive