Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Corner View--Vision,

It was a day when Oita felt a little like Paris…we don`t often see artists outside drawing caricturatures. 
I happened to pass by the scene where  two artists I knew were set up at tables outside Tully`s.  At first I just said hello and went my way, but then  decided to do something different that day … went home once and rummaged through some photos with an idea.   I had a vision of asking the artists to make a drawing for someone in my family…the photos that called to me were a photo of my mom, Jane, standing near  the Statue of liberty;  and then one of horses in memory of my Grandfather, my mothers father.   

 I brought the photos back to the booths where the two artists were, and asked if they could do a picture from the photos.  I showed Kenta-san the horse photo and suggested putting in some atmospheric blue, as Kenta is a painter of skies, and he said he`d do it.  Mai-san said she would do the one of my mom with the Statue of Liberty from some photographs I showed her.  


`Ben`s Dream` by Kenta
for my mom, Jane, by Mai
Mai

Kenta

it was a day when Oita felt a little like Paris...

I came back in about thirty minutes and the pictures were done.  I felt so moved that they were able to transfer what I wanted to express to my mom and to my (late) grandfather.
  
The two pictures above are on their way to my mom in NY.   A little story of thanks to two creative spirited and sensitive hearted Oita artists for portraying my vision through theirs or their vision through mine, or rather just coming together in a fleeting shared moment through our ♡s!
This weeks Corner View theme is Vision.
Thank you Francesca for hosting, Jane for founding, and Anna for the theme this week.

aikawarazu 
jgy

10 comments:

Teresa said...

I love how you always come up with such creative ideas in response to a new situation.

So cute that the face of the Statue of Liberty resembles your mom's.

simply bev said...

I love the direction you took with this week's theme!

Heather said...

What a great idea!

Francesca said...

what a beautiful story!

:) said...

I love your vision(s)

Cole Starkey said...

What a talent!

ibb said...

Like Montmartre square ;)

dorteinmalaga said...

such a beautiful idea and vision :)

Elizabeth said...

I like the story here as much as the visions. I'm sure your mom will be very pleased with both.

♥ tinyWOOLF ♥ said...

delightful, that was indeed such a bright vision and the result all worth it! and through the ♥, he... ;)))
n♥

Blog Archive